Shop, Restaurant & Café

Shop Insurance is relevant to you if you own or operate a shop, restaurant, café, takeaway or retail outlet. The retail sector is busy by nature and, however many precautions you take, accidents can always happen. You can tailor your policy to suit your exact business needs and ensure perfect peace of mind in the process.With your insurance policy, you can include:

Public Liability Insurance

Public liability insurance is essential cover for any business that comes into regular contact with clients or members of the public. If your business operations were to injure a member of the public or damage their property in some way, public liability insurance would cover you in the event of a claim being made against you.

Employers’ Liability Insurance

If you have employees working for you, you are legally obliged to have employers’ liability insurance. Every business in the UK that employs staff, regardless of size or turnover, is required to have at least £5 million of employers’ liability cover in place.

Building Insurance

If you own or are responsible for insuring your retail premises, this optional add-on will cover you should your building become damaged as a result of fire, flood, theft or other such risks.

Stock and Contents

Stock and contents insurance insures you against the same risks as building insurance, but for your stock, equipment, fittings etc.

Business Interruption

If your business had to stop trading due to an unexpected occurrence such as a fire, flood or theft, business interruption would cover you for any income lost and additional expenditure spent during this period.

Money Cover

This covers your business if cash is stolen on your premises. It is important to note that ‘money cover’ does not just insure cash, but stamps, postal orders, gift tokens and vouchers too.