If you run a business within the manufacturing sector, then every day you’ll find that your employees and your business are exposed to a range of risks. Manufacturing risks tend to be more complex than standard commercial risks, and it’s therefore essential that you deal with an insurance provider who really understands your business sector.
At C & B Insurance Services Limited, we are a business insurance specialist and understand the pressures facing manufacturers today. That why we’ve developed a range of insurance policies just for manufacturers that’s specifically tailored to give you the cover you need at a competitive price.
Our manufacturing insurance is tailored to cover the assets, earnings and legal liabilities of your business. The standard policy can provide cover for a range of risks including public and product liability, business interruption cover and cover for your trade contents, machinery, plant and stock. However, we also give you the choice of including a number of options such as employer’s liability a requirement if you have employees and cover for your buildings (a list of these are shown below).
- Employer's Liability - Provides cover of up to £10,000,000 for sums you become legally liable to pay as damages together with your legal costs and expenses relating to an injury to an employee for which you are legally liable.
- Public Liability - Under this section indemnity is granted for Legal Liability in respect of injury to any person (other than an employee) and/or damage to property arising during the course of your company's business activities. The insurance will also include cover for Products Liability.
- Products Liability - Products Liability is provided under the standard Public Liability section and will include indemnity for any legal liability arising out of any product sold, supplied, stored, handled, manufactured, treated or distributed by the insured in connection with their business.
- Buildings - Covers the cost of rebuilding your premises.
- Theft by Employees - Cover against a direct loss as a result of fraud or dishonesty by employees.
- Specified All Risks - Provides cover for specified items used away from the business premises throughout the UK and up to 30 consecutive days elsewhere in the world.
- Computer Breakdown - Provides cover for loss or damage caused by computer breakdown or failure up to a value specified by you. Cover also extends to:
- Loss or damage to computer records.
- Additional expenditure arising from the breakdown of computer equipment.
- Reinstatement of data.
- Personal Accident - This cover provides compensation in certain circumstances to principals, directors and partners, up to 65 years of age arising from accidents at work.
- Subsidence - This provides cover for damage to your premises as a result of subsidence, ground heave or landslip.
- Terrorism - Covers you against damage to your property from the effects of acts of terrorism up to the maximum sums insured of Section 1 - Contents and Section 4 – Buildings